I Blame it on Rain & MIDAC  

Posted by Eugene

I was supposed to accompany Mr. Boey for his 2nd NAPFA attempt today at 4.30pm.


So... I was about to leave home at around 3:40pm when I saw stuff falling down from the sky. So I SMS-ed Mr. Boey to tell him that it was drizzling. Then he told me not to waste time going down.

But then, the weather didn't look too bad, and going today means 1 more chance of getting a Silver at NAPFA. So I thought, "What the heck... I'll just go. If the 2.4 run is canceled, too bad. If it's not canceled, I'll ask him to come for it."


I reached sch around 4:20pm. It was still drizzling. I asked the person who was giving out the number tags to the participants whether the 2.4 run is canceled. Kinda expecting it, the guy answered in his fucked up attitude, "How I know? I'm not the tester."

Fine, then I went to ask the testers. They said that it's not confirmed. Ah well...

Then I SMS-ed Mr. Boey to tell him that it's not confirmed whether it'll be canceled or not, and asked whether he's still coming. Waited, waited, waited... No reply... So I decided to give him a call.

"Starhub is unable to get a response from our subscriber's mobile phone. Please try again later."

Great...

Dropped an SMS to Michelle to ask her to ask Mr. Boey to give me a call. Waited, waited, waited... No reply...

Wonderful...

Dropped an SMS to Curt saying, "Can no one receive my messages?"

Waited, waited, waited... No reply...

What are the chances?


After a while, I saw one of the testers, and decided to ask again whether or not the run is canceled. She, being another fucked up Singaporean, answered, "How I know? Have to wait until the run before I know whether it's canceled or not ma..."

Okay, so I asked in another way. "Erm, so... If it's drizzling like this when the run is about to start, will it be canceled?"

Her reply. "Have to see whether the lightning warning light is on or not ma..."

From what I typed, it may seem that there's nothing wrong with they things they said. But it's they way they said it. It's so rude. I feel like killing them. This is why I don't like to talk to people. People are the only things that can irritate me. And they often do.


So... waited for a reply to any of the SMS-es I sent out, or a callback or something... Nothing... At around 4:45pm or so, I sent another SMS to Mr. Boey, which goes something like this.

"There is a high chance that the 2.4 run won't be canceled, but I don't think you'll receive this message either... Damn you midac."

And I was right, there was no reply...


At around 5pm, after they no longer accept anymore participants, I left school. I only got a callback from Mr. Boey at 5:10pm.

Things don't go the way I want either. First of all, why did it have to rain in the first place? Second of all, I called/SMS-ed three people and none received my messages/calls. What are the chances of that happening? If any one of them did, I wouldn't have had to come for nothing. Maybe it's my punishment for not listening to Mr. Boey and just staying home.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments