Today is my first day at the P.O.P Club. Apparently, it's called the Passion-of-People Club. Dude, what kind of a name is that? It was originally called the Pro Club though, not that it's any better than calling it P.O.P Club. This group is created by the pro, Hoang. He is an expert in programming and is now working on a project for MediacorpRadio. He invited Mary, Naveen and me to join the club.
So, what did we do there? We learnt some PHP scripting language. Basically, it's a programming language for creating web programs. Somewhat like HTML and JAVA. Hoang said that it is C-Like, meaning it looks like C Programming. I kinda understood what they were talking about, but I've forgotten most of the stuff by now.
For PHP scripting, they use '$' for creating variables. For example, $a = 10; or $x = "Hello"; That's about all that I remembered. There were some other cheem stuff that I don't get. I guess I have to read up on my own.
Hoang didn't give us any projects to do yet. He asked us to learn the PHP language ourselves, do some simple programs and such at home. He will be giving us projects in the future. Next week, we will be going on to learn Databases like MS SQL, My SQL, Oracle, etc. We will most likely only focus on My SQL, since it's open source. I'll probably go crazy before I graduate from NP. Did I make a wrong choice by joining the club?
Donnoe what to write liao... Lalala~~ Ciao.
This entry was posted
on Saturday, January 27, 2007
.
You can leave a response
and follow any responses to this entry through the
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.
Listen To Me
Archives
Fellow Bloggers
Wish List
- PS3
- 32" LCD TV
0 comments