Trip to IKEA  

Posted by Eugene

The chair that I use when I'm using my computer was super stinky already from all the sweat from my butt, so I decided to take a trip down memory lane... oops, I mean to IKEA, to get a new office chair. I have no idea why, but my butt sweats very easily...

First of all, I will have thank my younger sis for accompanying me there, and helping me carry the chair down the stairs.

So... It was a Thursday. I went down to NP first to collect my graduation gown. Luckily I went to read the NP letter the day before, or else I wouldn't have known that the deadline for collecting the gown was on the 25th of May.

Then, we headed to Clementi to take a train to Queenstown, and decided to walk to Queensway Shopping Centre to shop for a little first before heading to IKEA.

Memories... That was the 2nd time I was there. The first was when I went with Mike to get our 2nd racquet.

We went to IKEA the other time too, after buying our racquets. We were walking around looking at random stuff, playing with soft toys and sheep-fur-carpet thingy. It was kinda fun.

Now the only thing we do together is tennis. I think without tennis, we would have stopped talking to each other long ago. Meh...

So anyway... my sis and I walked around at Queensway for a bit, then got a little hungry. She remembered her friend telling her that they sell Laksa there that's quite nice, so we decided to try it. We looked around for a stall selling laksa, but couldn't it. So we settled for Oyster Mee Sua instead. It was quite nice. My sis put a lot of vinegar. Haha..

We headed to IKEA after that.

They were doing some construction, but most of IKEA was still intact.

So, we headed to the office section where they sell office tables and chairs. I originally planned to get the one that Mike and Ace have, which was $129. I found that chair, sat on it, thought that it was okay. We tested a few other chairs and decided that the $129 one wasn't really that good. In the end, I chose a different chair. The design wasn't the best, but it was way more comfortable than the $129 one, so...

The weird thing was that, we saw a bunch of chairs that cost like $600+, but when we sat on them,
1. They felt like rocks.
2. What's more to say?

Okay, so after choosing the chair, the guy gave us a receipt, and we proceeded to look at other stuff. My sis found the toilet section that Mike and I went to the other time. And like him, she was interested in the shower thingy. The 2 of them really should get together.


She said, "Like this very shuang, can sit and shower."


Next, we looked at cabinets, wardrobes and stuff. And after more walking, we ended up at a section where they sell miniature wooden human figures. Look at what she did to those poor little things...


*Camera Angle 1*


*Camera Angle 2*


I'm a lot nicer, so I don't force them to have sex. This is what I did.


*Sexy lady pose* (or not)
Would have looked nicer without the pencil marks on the head though..


1 Basket + 1 Basket = 1 Durian


We visited the sofa section as well. The both of us felt lazy, so we kinda sat around for a bit.

So... after more walking around, we finally decided that we had enough of each other and decided to break up. Eh... no, that didn't happen. Erm... We decided that we had enough of this place, and decided to go collect the chair and head home.


A box of chair!


I actually thought of taking a public transport home, but after trying to lift the box by myself, I came to the conclusion that it's not possible, unless I'm willing to break a few bones.

Well... So after burning a hole in my wallet, we decided to take a cab home.

And yay, that was Thursday.

This entry was posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments