Final Fantasy X  

Posted by Eugene

After approximately 105 hours of playing Final Fantasy X, I've finally finished the game.

It's a little sad though. It's such a great game. Sometimes I really wish a game can go on and on forever.

This is one of the few games that I really enjoyed playing.

The other few would be:
- Sonic 3 & Knuckles (when I was young, and I replayed it quite a few times) [Platformer]
- Phantasy Star 4 (SEGA Genesis) [RPG]
- Some of the Megaman/Rockman series (PSX) [Platform Shooting]
- Resident Evil 4 (PS2) [RPG/3rd Person Shooter]
- Half-Life (PC) [1st Person Shooter]
- Might and Magic VIII/IX (PC) [1st Person RPG]
- And probably a few others which I'm lazy to recall

I'm definitely gonna get Resident Evil 5 when it comes out. But..... if I play a PS3 game on my PC monitor, it would be such a waste.... So I may end up getting an LCD TV as well.... But probably not anytime soon....



What's so great about Final Fantasy X is that it's not plain and simple and boring like most RPGs are.... There are a LOT of different things you can do in the game, with a couple of mini games, and many hidden stuff.

And it's leveling system is very unique. It uses a Sphere Grid System. For each level a character gains, he earns a Skill Point. The character needs to spend a skill point to move to the next slot in the Sphere Grid. There are different routes that you can allow your character to take according to how you want to build your character, what skills you want him to have, etc.


Sphere Grid System



What I like the most though, is it's storyline.

The game takes place in Spira.

At the start of the game, Tidus (the main character) witnessed the destruction of the city of Zanarkand (his home).

Tidus travelled to Besaid Island, where he met Wakka, Yuna and Lulu and Kimahri. Yuna was training to become a summoner (following her father's footsteps), with the purpose of defeating 'Sin' (the thing that destroyed Zanarkand).

Sin, capable of wiping out entire towns with ease, has plagued Spira for a thousand years. Tidus accompanied Yuna and her guardians (Wakka, Lulu and Kimahri) on her pilgrimage to gather Aeons and ultimately to summon the Final Aeon in order to defeat Sin.

The story has some sad parts as well, which made my eyes water a little =p

Tidus' feelings for Yuna grew as the game goes. And somewhere in the game, Tidus found out that upon summoning of the Final Aeon, the summoner will die.

Later in the game, Auron, a friend of Tidus' father, reveals that his father (Jecht) is still alive, but no longer human. He has become the unwilling embodiment of Sin.

So, basically, Tidus has to kill his father and let Yuna die after doing the final summoning.



Another fun part of the Final Fantasy X is Blitzball =D
It's a sport that people in Spira play.
It's like soccer, except that you play in water, and there's no foul for using hands.

You can set certain tactics for your players to move. You can level up and increase your stats. You can copy shooting/passing/tackling techniques from your opponents. It's kinda fun.


Blitzball



Well, Final Fantasy X is a really great game and it would really be a waste to not play it.

I'm currently downloading Final Fantasy X-2, the sequel to FFX =D

This entry was posted on Thursday, December 27, 2007 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments