I reached 10 mins late, and my instructor wasn't there anymore, so another instructor took me instead. I changed from Car 13 to Car 31.
This instructor is nice. We talked quite a bit during the session. He seems to know quite a bit about computers, considering his age. Wahaha..
He started talking about computer stuff when I told him I'm in Electronics and Computer Engineering.
He knows about the different computer processors, Intel/AMD, Duo Core, Core 2 Duo, Quad Core and stuff.. He even knows which is better and which produces more heat and stuff, which I'm not even sure myself.
Anyway, I'm quite amazed that I didn't stall the car even once today, and I didn't hit any curbs, considering that I haven't drove a manual car since erm... when was my last manual lesson? Ooo... 21/11/07... Almost a month already.
When I drove Civic (Auto Transmission) last week, I hit the curbs in a lot of the courses. Twice in crank course, once when I was turning out of the directional change, and probably a few other times at some other places. The turning radius is indeed wider, and I don't really know when to start turning.
Oh, and comparing the steering wheels, City's one is a little looser (requires less strength to turn). And for City, I have to turn a lot more to reach full-lock. So, when I was driving the Civic, I went "Huh? Full-lock already meh? I thought I only turned 1 round." quite a number of times.
And at the end of the lesson, after getting off the car, we saw the instructor that was originally supposed to take me. He took another student instead, probably because he has gotten sick of waiting for me.
Anyway, I overheard them talking in Hokkien. My instructor asked my original instructor whether his student was "good to teach" (due to lack of English skills, I'm not able to translate it properly). I couldn't hear what he replied. Then I heard my instructor telling him that I "can pass one", which made me =D a little.
If I pass the test on my first try, I may get to drive my mother's boyfriend's (or Jimmy Teo CB) car to my Ah Ma's place during Chinese New Year.
Now I'm only left with 2 sessions before the test, and I've gone through test routes 1, 3, 5, 7, 8,9 and 10. Next session will probably cover 2, 4 and 6.
And, to boey who will be taking the test in 2 days' time. All the best.
This entry was posted
on Monday, December 24, 2007
.
You can leave a response
and follow any responses to this entry through the
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.
0 comments